Wednesday 5 May 2010

What’s In a Name?

Actually, everything is in a name! The amount of fun that I have had over the years, trying to turn cricketers into, well, other things...the utter jubilance when you actually not only manage to find an anagram, but one that makes sense! And then the other extreme where you find it is totally impossible to anagram certain people. Stand up, Usman Afzaal: I’m talking about you! I might as well have been faced with a person called Jzzzkyqv Yxvijkkzz...

I have to admit to feeling a certain amount of guilt over some of the names I manage to find. I like to try and get witty, pleasant anagrams for folks. Sometimes I can only get unpleasant stuff. I would like to apologise in particular to Alec Stewart and Dominic Cork. It honestly wasn’t my fault: I tried my best to find something slightly more appealing. In particular to Mr Stewart, of whom I am a huge fan (there, I’m done crawling now). Sorry fellas!

Anyhow, here are a selection of the anagrams I have managed to get. No doubt I will inflict more on this blog in due course!


ALEC HEARNE: Acne Healer
BRYAN YOUNG: A Bunny Orgy
CHRIS ADAMS: Hid Sarcasm
DARREN SAMMY: A Smarmy Nerd
EDDIE BARLOW: Beware Dildo
FRANK WOOLLEY: Folklore Yawn
GEOFF ARNOLD: Fondle A Frog
HANSIE CRONJE: Sincere Johnny
IAN BOTHAM: Moan Habit
JAMES ORMOND: Major Demons
KEITH ARTHURTON: The Traitor Hunk
LENDL SIMMONS: Mind No Smells
MAHENDRA SINGH DHONI: Norman Is Highhanded
NEIL FOSTER: Snot Relief
OLLIE RAYNER: Only Earlier
PHIL MUSTARD: Adult Shrimp
RYAN SIDEBOTTOM: Damn To Sobriety
STEVE HARMISON: Massive Hornet
TONY LEWIS: Wino Style
WILLIE WATSON: Low Waistline
YOUNIS AHMED: Hideous Myna
ZANDER DU BRUYN: Zany Udder Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment