Sunday 5 September 2010

London bound

Okay. So maybe he is the messiah...

On a serious note, well done to KP for his century yesterday. And also well done to Jason Roy for his contribution. Having KP to bat with appears to have helped him build his innings yesterday. That said, my favourite moment was the first team debut of Ansari, who took a wicket with his first ever ball! He must have been well chuffed! Sad to see James Kirtley for the Sharks hanging up his boots, especially with the likes of Robin Martin-Jenkins retiring earlier in the year. The pair of them will be missed in county cricket.

And Churchy must be psychic. He said the game had the makings of a draw, and a draw with Sussex it was!

I won’t be posting on the Glamorgan game; at least not as it happens. I have taken a notebook with me just in case I want to jot anything down that happens, and write it up when I return home the following Monday. Can’t say I’m looking forward to tomorrow as travelling leaves me a nervous wreck for reasons previously explained, but I have Tricia to see me safe this time and I can’t thank her enough as she has gone out of her way to help.

So, off to London tomorrow. I’m looking forward to seeing our three favourite Marks: Ramprakash, Cosgrove and Church! Because of the tube strike on Tuesday, and the forecast of heavy rain that day, it may be that those of us who are coming to London decide to skip day one and search for a nice cake for Churchy and Johnny Barran instead. I think we may be playing this by ear. This has been a really peculiar year for many of the Rampants and sadly there have been a lot of other concerns in our lives that has to an extent put paid to following the cricket, or even attending. I also think my organisation probably screwed things up a tad. Note to everyone: don’t let me arrange anything! I can barely get out of bed in the morning some days let alone anything more complicated!

Anyway, all packed (I think). The cat is very suspicious and he knows the suitcase means I’m going away. He tends to miss me on the rare occasions I leave the house and will probably shed his hair through stress (probably all over my bed)...

Until the next time, then!

No comments:

Post a Comment