Wednesday 15 September 2010

Kevin Pietersen broke my camera!



Of course, Kevin Pietersen got his revenge for my inadvertent hexing whilst we watched him, grand old Duke of York style, marching out to the middle then marching back again.

I’d been happily snapping away with my camera and decided grudgingly that I hadn’t taken enough of KP. It is true that I had taken quite a few of Ramps, Tremlett, Roy and Dernbach but there are times when you have to put your natural bias to one side and take a more subjective view of things. Kevin was never especially close to where we were sitting – even Ramps was closer this time, much to our collective delight – but at some point in the afternoon I decided it was time to zoom in on Kevin and give him a bit of camera time.

I pointed my camera at him, took two pictures in rapid succession, and then KP turned and looked straight down my lens...

Whereapon my camera died.

Not only is Pietersen on his day one of England’s finest players but he has the ability to fry expensive digital equipment with a single look. It’s an impressive skill to have, without question.

Thing is, should I send Kevin the bill or should I, as my mother suggested, put it down to simply exhausting the thing by taking so many pictures of Ramps and Tremlett?

No comments:

Post a Comment